themysterybloggers

Howdy! I'm the Cow Girl Sleuther, I ride around on my trusty steed and on buses too, thinking about mysteries and my mystery heroes.

And I'm Missy Marple - I love a good old fashioned mystery accompanied by a nice cup of tea. Get yr freak on and solve some mysteries with us!

Monday, July 17, 2006



Can Dr Mark Sloane fill Perry Mason's boots?

Nothing can beat the swaggering drama and build up of the Perry Mason theme tune. It captures the drama of the courtroom and the thrill of the chase...

The theme sums up Perry Mason - 80s courtroom drama chockablock with perms and shoulder pads. Perry, is so darn good, with his trusty cuddly legal secretary and his permed action-side-kick who gets into scrapes and arrives with a vital clue at the last minute (phew!), he always gets the job done. And it feels like a meaty mystery - a feature length trawl through double bluffs - and I feel satisfied after a feast on a Mason mystery.

Diagnosis Murder, on the other hand, is wafer-thin and leaves me hungry for more mystery! Dick van Dyke has got the action side-kick in the form of his son Barry, who plays a cop, but the hospital/police action really doesn't gel together. Plus he always manages to get a dance in somehow? It does make me laugh though, the credits feature a stethoscope and a magnifying glass (how long did it take to come up with that?).
Diagnosis Murder's website hilariously comments that CBS have stopped making new episodes of Diagnosis Murder because 'research revealed the average viewer has stopped watching'... Er... so does that just leave me guys?

3 Comments:

Blogger The Clapton Pond Cast said...

My earliest memory of Perry Mason was a funeral scene, where a body tumbled out of the coffin. It freaked me out i cna tell you. It was a long time before I could bring myself to watch Perry again.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Stinks said...

I'm concerned for Perry. The last few times I watched him on Channel 5 he didn't feature in the episode at all. Instead, there was a crazy cowboy attorney acting in his place. No doubt an acquaintance of yours Cowgirl Sleuther??

8:07 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Perry every time! DM is boring!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home